CONSTITUTION OF THE
EMPIRE FOOTBALL CLUB
- The name of the organization shall be “The Empire Football Club” hereinafter referred to as the “CLUB”
- The objects of the Club shall be:
- to promote, encourage and facilitate the game of football in the Gray’s Farm Community;
- to organize and regulate the game of football in the Gray’s Farm Community according to the International Rules and the Rules and Regulations of the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association, hereafter referred to as the ABFA;
- to develop, cultivate and maintain good relations with all organization concerned with football and recognize by the ABFA;
- to become affiliated to the ABFA and to any other Local, National or International Football Organisation, whose aims and objects are consistent with that of the Empire Football Club and the Antigua Football Association;
- to carry out such other objects in the interest of football as may be deemed appropriate from time to time.
- The colours of the Club shall be consistent of red, green, blue or white
- Membership of the Club shall be of two (2) classes:
- ORDINARY MEMBERSHIP: Persons who have applied and are accepted by the Club;
- HONORARY MEMBERSHIP: The Club at its annual general meeting and/or special meeting shall have the right to award to any person or persons as it deem fit and proper, honorary Membership in the Club. Such Honorary Membership may be granted for life or any term.
- The following Officers shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Club:
- 1st VICE PRESIDENT (1st VP)
- 2nd VICE PRESIDENT (2nd VP)
- PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (PRO)
The Executive shall be comprised of:
- THE OFFICERS
- FOUR (4) OTHER MEMBERS ELECTED BY AND FROM THE MEMBERSHIP OF THE CLUB
The Executive shall be elected at an AGM and shall hold office for three (3) years or until their successors have been duly elected.
A Coach shall be appointed by the Executive and will not form part of the Executive. The Coach in consultation with the Executive shall appoint other members of the coaching staff and a captain.
Any Officer or Executive member who is absent from three (3) consecutive duly summoned meeting of the Executive without an excuse deemed satisfactory to the Executive, shall forfeit his/her office
The actual duties/responsibilities will be determined by the Executive from time to time
Should a vacancy occur on the Executive, the Executive shall appoint someone from the general membership body to act in that position. Within eight (8) weeks, a Special General Meeting (SGM) shall be summoned for the purpose of filling the vacancy.
DUTIES AND POWER OF THE EXECUTIVE
- The Executive shall have the following duties and powers:
- TO ADMINISTER THE AFFAIRS OF THE CLUB;
- TO MAKE RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE VARIOUS FOOTBALL ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB;
- TO RAISE FUNDS FOR THE FURTHERANCE OF ANY OF THE OBJECTS OF THE CLUB;
- TO APPOINT COMMITTEE AND SUB-COMMITTEES FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES AND TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM THESE COMMITTEES;
- TO RECOMMEND/APPROVE THE DISCIPLINE OF MEMBERS OF THE CLUB;
- TO DEAL GENERALLY WITH MATTERS RELATING TO THE ADMINISTRATION AND FUNCTION OF THE CLUB.
- Each ordinary member of the club shall pay a membership fee of $60.00 with the exception of junior members who shall pay $30.00;
- All ordinary members shall pay $5.00 monthly as dues;
- The Annual Subscriptions shall be paid by all ordinary members not later than June 1st in every year;
- The Financial Year of the club shall be July 1st to June 30th;
- All Expenditure exceeding the amounts agreed to by the Executive shall receive prior approval of the Executive before such expenditures are made;
- All monies of the club shall be deposited in a bank to the Club’s account not later than three (3) banking days after receipt of the same.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- The Annual General meeting of the Club shall be held before June 30th every year;
- Seven (7) days written notice or by any other means, shall be given to every member of the club in respect of this meeting;
- The Business to be transacted at the Annual General Meeting shall include:
- PRESIDENT’S REMARKS
- MATTERS ARISING
- EXECUTIVE REPORT
- ELECTION OF OFFICERS
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS / GENERAL DISCUSSION
- Ordinary General Meetings shall be held at least once every quarter;
- At least five days notice shall be given of all such meetings.
- The Executive shall meet as often as necessary to conduct the business of the club.
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS
- Special General Meetings shall be held upon the written requisition of any six (6) members of the Club indicating the matters to be conducted at such a meeting. Such meetings to be convened by the Secretary within fourteen (14) days after receiving requisition by notice in writing, stating the object of the meeting, fixing the date of the meeting which shall not be less than seven (7) days from the date of such notice.
- Provided, however, that the President of the Club may convene a Special General Meeting at such time and with such notice as he may direct.
- i) At all meetings of the Club, the ruling of the Chairman shall be final on matters of procedure;
ii) All meetings will be conducted in accordance with accepted meeting procedures.
- i) Any member of this club failing to comply with any of the provisions of the club shall not be eligible to participate either in the conduct of the affairs of the Club or any competitions/matches organized by the Club.
ii) This provision 10 (i) applies also to any member of member Clubs and Associations;
iii) Any member who continues to infringe provisions of this Constitution shall be subjected to one or more of the following disciplinary measures:
- CENSURE / FINE
- CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP
iv) Any member can appeal against any decision of th Club for a review of the particular penalty. Appeals shall only be valid if they are lodged within five days of the decision.
VOTING / QUORUM
- Each member of the Club shall have only one vote;
- Voting shall be by show of hands unless a majority requests a ballot;
- Only financial members will be eligible to vote. Non-financial members can become eligible to vote by paying their subscription due and payable at the time of voting.
- All members of the Executive shall have one vote at Executive Meetings.
- The Chairman shall have a casting vote;
- Five (5) members shall form a quorum for Executive Meetings and nine (9) members shall form a quorum for a General Meeting of the Club.
- Fifteen (15) members shall form a quorum for the Annual General Meeting.
- i) Any member may withdraw from the membership of the Club provided that such member fulfils the obligations of the Club;
ii) Any member of the Club, wishing to withdraw from the Club, shall be required to give at least one month’s notice in writing to the Club and shall return all properties belonging to the Club in proper condition and pay any monies due in accordance with established Rules of the Club.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- i) The Executive shall have power to make rules and regulations for controlling the affairs of the Club subject to the ratification at the General Meeting as soon as possible;
ii) Such rules and regulations shall come into effect immediately after they are made, but they must be ratified at the next General Meeting as set out in sub-section (1) of this article.
- The Constitution of the Club may be amended only by two-thirds majority of the member voting at any General Meeting of the Club. At least fourteen (14) days notice of these amendments shall be given to all members prior to the meeting called per this purpose.
- There shall be a Disciplinary Committee appointed by the Executive which shall carry out its duties and responsibilities in accordance with the procedure outlined in the particular section of the Rules and regulations.
- The Club may not be dissolved except with consent of at least five-sixth of the members voting at a special General Meeting called for that purpose. In the event of a decision to dissolve the Club, the disposal of the funds and other properties of the Club shall be decided at the meeting.
- This Constitution shall come into effect as soon as it has been approved at a General Meeting.